Thursday, December 5, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments DAY 5

I had lots of wire left over from last year's tree ornament.  If you want to know what I'm referring to, check out this link
 
I was pretty proud of that one, and this one is not too shabby either.
 
I started with a cork board and made a star shape marking each "turn" in the wire using thumb tacks.


 I cut roughly 12-13" of wire, just to make sure I had plenty.  Then I started in the middle of the wire bending it at the topmost point.
 
 
It's hard to describe how I hooked/bent the wire at each tack, but this picture should help.

 
I twisted and trimmed off the ends to hook it together, then I added a decorative hook using a pin (with a loop on the end), a sparkly bead and a hanger.

 
After threading the bead on the pin, I used a round nosed pliers to create a loop that I could hook on to the star.  I added the hook to the smaller loop so I could hang it on the tree.

 
I wish you could see how truly beautiful it is hanging on the tree.  It really catches the light!

 
 I didn't have enough beads on hand to decorate it the way I did last year's wire tree, but that would certainly be lovely.
 

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

this is sooo pretty!!!

Rose said...

another fun ornament :)

 
site design by designer blogs