Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 3

The GOOD news is that I made this ornament much earlier today, but I didn't get a chance to post about it until now.
 
Here's the ornament


Yep, it's another tree, but this one's made of wire.
 
For all the details, read on.
 
 
{SUPPLIES}

Cardboard cone
20 gauge wire
Round nose pliers/wire cutter
Beads in a variety of colors
 
To start I used the round nose pliers to create a loop at the top of the tree.
 
 
 
I used the same cone that I used for yesterday's ornament, and I wrapped the wire around the tree. 
 
 
Here's what it looked like when I pulled it off the cone.


 
I added the beads to the wire in no particular order - I liked the randomness of it.
 
 
And here's what I learned:
 
- This took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- I'm glad that I decided to use a small cone, especially since I used such small beads.  Any more wire and it would have turned into quite a tedious process.
- Next time I would like to periodically add a large bead to make it look more like Christmas ornaments are on the tree.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI Pam - this is a lovely tree project. I am not much into making crafty items such as this only because it looks like a lot of work. However, you did a wonderful job on your creation and explaining the steps as well. I have been trying to contact you regarding your last email to me as requested. I sent an email to you on November 20th as I did not hear from Freckle Fawn. I realize this is a busy time of year. Thanks for your understanding in my posting here. Have a great week. Gail
utb01@att.net

wendipooh13 said...

soo cute!!! LOVE seeing all these ideas!!!

Rose said...

so fun!!!
Q would LOVE to "play" with this one! lol

 
site design by designer blogs