Friday, December 7, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 7

Whew, this was a loooooong day, but I finally had a chance to sit down and tackle this one



I picked up a package of these eggs around Easter and never did anything with them. 


And who says they don't work at Christmas?
 
Before I glued these paper strips on the egg, I poked a hole in the top with a small screwdriver

 
I knotted the end of a piece of silk ribbon and pushed it through the hole
 
 

The next step was pretty fussy, to say the least.  I cut down several strips of patterned paper and smeared Modge Podge all over the egg and the paper strips.

 
When the Modge Podge was dry, I spritzed on a clear texture spray to finish it off.
 
Then I pulled out these gorgeous crocheted blossoms
 
 
I used hot glue to attach them around the top and the bottom of the egg.
 
Some rhinestones completed the blossoms
 
 

Thank goodness it's Saturday tomorrow - I'm ready to sleep in and get a jump start on my next ornament...

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

totally pretty!!!

Rose said...

beautiful :) love the use of an egg :)

 
site design by designer blogs