Wednesday, December 19, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 19

Whew, I had a looooong exhausting day, but I managed to decide on an ornament to make, and here it is


I got this idea off Pinterest, and it only takes a few simple items

 
I took last year's Christmas newsletter, changed the font to Old English and cut it down into long and short, narrow and wide strips.
 
Then I layered them using Mod Podge

 
I started with the longer strips, and then filled the gaps with shorter strips

 
I love this type of craft where there is no right way to do it.
 
I sprinkled some glitter over the ornament and also over the "cap". 

 
I think I would've preferred less fine glitter - silver would have been nice, but despite all the colors I have in my stash, silver isn't one of them.
 
Nonetheless, I am very pleased with the result and I think it's a lovely way to preserve an old newsletter.
 
Unfortunately I didn't type one up this year - oh well, there's always next year...

2 comments:

Rose said...

oh i LOVE this one!!!! :)

wendipooh13 said...

VERY pretty!!!!! love it.

 
site design by designer blogs