Whew, I had a looooong exhausting day, but I managed to decide on an ornament to make, and here it is
I got this idea off Pinterest, and it only takes a few simple items
I took last year's Christmas newsletter, changed the font to Old English and cut it down into long and short, narrow and wide strips.
Then I layered them using Mod Podge
I started with the longer strips, and then filled the gaps with shorter strips
I love this type of craft where there is no right way to do it.
I sprinkled some glitter over the ornament and also over the "cap".
I think I would've preferred less fine glitter - silver would have been nice, but despite all the colors I have in my stash, silver isn't one of them.
Nonetheless, I am very pleased with the result and I think it's a lovely way to preserve an old newsletter.
Unfortunately I didn't type one up this year - oh well, there's always next year...