Wednesday, December 12, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 12

First of all, a very
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
 
to my MIL, Beverly - yep, she has a birthday on 12-12-12, how cool is that?

Here's my ornament for today


And here are my supplies


I had some of these glass circles left over from another project I made for my daughter's soccer team.  They make great magnets, but it turns out they make suitable ornaments as well.
 
I punched out a circle from some Christmas paper I had in my stash.  It was slightly larger than the glass circle, but I just trimmed it down to size and it fit just fine.

Out came the Diamond Glaze again, which I put right on the glass (about the size of a nickel).

 
As I pressed the paper down against the glass, some of the adhesive dripped over the side, but I just wiped it up with a paper towel, and you can't even tell.
 
I gave it about 15 minutes to dry and then I took a piece of stiff felt that has glitter on one side and cut out a circle.


Before gluing the felt to the ornament, I put down a loop of floss for a hanger.
 
 
I put some glue on a strip of ribbon and wrapped it around the outside of the ornament.
 
 
I used some pearls in two different sizes/shades of teal to frame the ornament.  An SRM sticker right in the middle finished it off.
 
Here's what the back side looks like


I really enjoyed making this one.  It came together quickly and helped me use up items that I've had in my stash for a couple of years!

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh lovin this and all the bling around it!!!

Rose said...

another fun project :)
did you see you got a shout out on the SRM FB page for this??? :)

 
site design by designer blogs