Monday, December 17, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 17

I said this one would be quick and easy, and it sure was.
 
It's our Christmas card for this year.  Personally, I love it, but I think it looks like a giant coaster.  I wanted to keep a copy of this one, so I figured what better way to preserve it than to turn it into an ornament?
 
So a little punch here, and another punch there and I've got two holes to string some ribbon through.
 
Here's how it turned out
 
 
It's printed on cardstock (from Tiny Prints) so the "glare" in the corner is part of the finished effect.
 
It may have crossed your mind that I didn't make these myself - crazy enough I rarely do.  Isn't that weird?  I used to make my own cards every year, but with all the other crafty stuff I do, I would prefer to skip it.


Ah well, tomorrow's ornament is definitely a step up in creativity and it's a bit more challenging...

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

great idea!!! wonderful family pic!!!

Rose said...

perfect family photo!!! and a great ornament too :)

you don't make your cards?? well then i feel very special for receiving one you made this year :)

 
site design by designer blogs