Monday, December 10, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - DAY 10

Blame it on my husband for having a birthday, but I didn't get started on this ornament until very late this evening.
 
So of course it needs to dry before I can take a picture of it.
 
However, I will post my progress up to this point...
 
I started out with this simple wooden snowflake and some Copics
 
 
They don't quite work the same way on wood that they do on paper, but it really accentuates the texture of the wood, which I like.

 
I decided to add some glitter before finishing the ornament


Here's the glitter I chose
 
 
And here's what it looked like before I added the Diamond Glaze
 
 
I'll snap a picture in the morning...

ETA:

Here's the finished ornament


And to get a better look at the shimmer and shine on the ornament, here's a different angle

 
Here's what I learned
 
- Not to get too crazy with the dimensional adhesive (aka Diamond Glaze), it's important to move slowly with it, otherwise it drips down the sides and the ornament will stick to the work surface.  I know this from previous projects, but it's hard to be patient with it.
 
- Aside from the drying time, this project took me less than 30 minutes to complete. 

I'd like to give a shout out to Rose and Wendi for regularly commenting on my ornaments - I love you both!!

And I know my dear mom and MIL are checking in everyday - let me know if you love one you see and I'll make one for you. And I love you both, too :)

3 comments:

CAR said...

Yay! I finally managed to sign in to Google so that I can comment -- You know I am now hooked on your ornaments. And I get to see them in person, so I can assure everybody that they are quite wonderful. I love this snowflake, Pam, and the effects you were able to create.

wendipooh13 said...

ok I LOVE snowflakes, and this has got to be my FAVE!!!!!! I need a whole tree of them please... LOL!!!

Rose said...

ok this has got to be my fav so far!! never mind wendi she always copies me!! lol
love you to girlfriend :)

 
site design by designer blogs