Friday, March 7, 2014

Happy Birthday

To my nephew, who turned 8 on the first of this month!

He's a cutie (but he probably wouldn't want me to say that) and I needed to create a "boy" card.

I turned to sketch #15 at Seize the Sketch, which you can find HERE


Great sketch!  And here's my card



You can see I smushed it down, but stuck closely to the sketch otherwise.  I went a little star crazy, playing with some goodies from the March Swag Bag from Paper Issues.

The stamp is from a Lawn Fawn set of sentiments.

I have several cards in the works, but lately it seems it takes me several days to complete one.  That's okay, though, sometimes I think they turn out better that way because otherwise I would be too rushed and I think it would show.

Crossing my fingers that I get some time to craft this weekend, have a good one!

4 comments:

Rose said...

oh this is perfect for a little boy!!! so glad you joined us on Seize the Sketch :) hope you get lots of crafty time in!!

~amy~ said...

Pam, you know how much I adore bright colors! love this!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Valliam said...

Hi Pamela, thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment. It's fun to make cards for kids birthday! I love the color combo of your card :)

Lori said...

Fabulous boy card! Love all the star themed elements and the bit of sparkle from the sequins. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

 
site design by designer blogs