Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments Day 10

Yikes!  I made the ornament and then waited to post until after the kiddos went to bed.
 
Except....
 
They didn't go to bed at the usual time since we had already received news of today being a snow day.
 
So here is the ornament and the photos I took
 
I cut strips of felt, about 12 inches long each.  Then I cut them in varying widths so that I could layer them and sew them together. 

 
I took some twine (I just adore the striped twine) and threaded it through a large needle.
Then I folded up each piece of "candy" like this

 
I poked the needle through one side (leaving several inches to create a hanger) and passed it back up through the other side.  I included a bead on the bottom for fun. 

 
I went crazy mixing up the colors, not worrying about using traditional colors.

 
Here's a side view


One thing I really enjoyed about this one is that I didn't worry about lining things up perfectly -- it just adds to the handmade look of these.

1 comment:

wendipooh13 said...

those are sooo cool!!! LOVE that

 
site design by designer blogs