Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments DAY 17

So today I had a different ornament planned from the one that I actually made.
 
Paige and I were alone for a bit this evening, and when I asked her if she wanted to make an ornament with me, she said she had an idea and she wanted to teach it to me.
 
It involved a clear plastic spoon, some glitter, a Sharpie and a piece of ribbon.  Unfortunately we are out of plastic spoons, so we had to settle for knives.
 
She got everything set up called me in to create.
 
We drew a picture of something on one side, brushed the other side with Mod Podge and sprinkled glitter on it.  The ribbon was to be tied around the middle of the knife.
 
Here are our glittered sides (mine is red, hers is blue)



Here's the other side


 
As you can see, I drew a star on mine.  Since the knives had holes in them, I used a piece of jute to create a hanger.
 
I took a close-up of it sparkling on the tree


This project makes me so proud of my girl.  She is really getting creative, and she wasn't afraid to take a chance.  I asked her if she was ok with using knives, since she had envisioned doing this project with spoons.  She said she was, even if it didn't quite work out -- she was willing to give it a try.  In the end, this gave me all sorts of ideas of how to expand on this (mostly using spoons, actually), but the point is that this is how the creative process works. 

And most importantly, I spent a lovely evening with my daughter.

1 comment:

wendipooh13 said...

oh wow that is so pretty and sparkley!!!!

 
site design by designer blogs