Wednesday, December 25, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments DAY 25

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 
I hope you've had a wonderful day no matter where you are and what you are doing.
 
I have been celebrating with family all day, but I did manage to complete my final ornament of the 2013 Christmas season.


I bought this plaster frame at Michael's for about $2.  The rest I had on hand.
 
I used a white acrylic paint (just slightly darker than the plaster).  I sponged on some red ink to give it a worn look, added a sentiment sticker and some green berries.

Like last year, I learned a few things.  In particular, I made the first several ornaments with things I already had in my stash.  By the time I visited any craft stores the Christmas items were already on sale.  Of course, if I was looking for anything specific I might not be able to find it - which is always the risk of not shopping early.  It would be worth paying a visit to the craft stores in the next couple of days to grab up clearance items.
 
The critical items in my ornament-making were hot glue, twine/jute/ribbon (for hanging the ornaments), and acrylic paint.  I used all of these things on several occasions.
 
If you popped by my blog regularly to check out my ornaments, thank you -- especially to Wendi for all the lovely comments!
 
I think I will probably hang up my crafting apron (okay, I don't actually wear one) until after the holidays, but I suspect that I'll be right back at it in the new year...

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs