Thursday, December 19, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments DAY 19

So here's what I learned about mailing glass ornaments.  It's very expensive if you're wanting a guarantee that they don't break so you go to UPS and pay to have them packaged for you.
 
If I had it to do all over again, I would have paid attention to the fact that I was buying glass and not plastic ornaments.  But I'm still very happy with how yesterday's ornaments turned out and I'm glad to give them to my oldest niece and three nephews.
 
I have two more nieces, but they're too little for glass bulb ornaments (yikes!), so P&J created some letter ornaments for them instead, and that was the ornament project for today.
 
I found some whimsical letters at Michael's, already painted white.

 
Jamie chose to sponge on some bright green ink

 
Paige went with a blue/purple combo, to which she added some bling
 
 
Here's Jamie's finished project -- it's all her.  She even squeezed on the hot glue, but I put those little balls on where she told me to.

 
I forgot to take a picture of Paige's letter before I wrapped it.  She just added some more rhinestones and a little purple flower.
 
We finished them off with some textured glitter spray and a jute hanger.
 
I sure hope they like these.  There's something super special about a handmade gift, isn't there?
 
site design by designer blogs