Monday, May 4, 2009

This one's for you, Mom!

This card fits 2 challenges. The first is this week's sketch by Laura, at 2 Sketches 4 You. The other is for the Mother's Day challenge I posted at 365 Cards. It is a Mother's Day card (although that is not a requirement), and that message is conveyed on the inside of the card. This was a challenge for me because it was intended to celebrate those amazing women in our lives. Ordinarily I would have chosen my mom or my best girlfriend. Instead, I made this card on behalf of my mom, who will give this to someone she knows (who I don't know all that well), and thus, it becomes a challenge for me :)

So here it is:

As for my dear mom, she will be getting a special card, of course, but I don't want her to see it here ;)

By the way, today's challenge does not have to be a Mother's Day card - think of it as an opportunity to celebrate a special woman in your life. So come on over and join in!

Also, I want to say a big THANK YOU to the lovely folks at Card Patterns, who included my card among the Top Five this week.

Happy Scrapping!

17 comments:

Mr Lee said...

Enjoy your blog.So kind.Good luck!
We hope that we will have the opportunity to make friends with you.
We invite you to come to our blog. You are welcome any time.

http://www.china-cutter.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

how sweet of you to make a card for your mom to use for another!! hope we get to see the one you make for your mother after she sees it :D

Laura Davis said...

Super cute card Pam! I love your new pic too! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

CAR said...

Pam, it is beautiful! It is very special, and I am delighted, Love,
Mom

Ann said...

Very pretty! Nice take on Laura's sketch.

Jeannie said...

Cool paper - I like it!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Benga said...

lovely card, i like the touch of fiber, nice!

~amy~ said...

Pam, magnificent card..I think it is so sweet that your mom pops onto your blog :)

cheryln said...

gorgeous!

AUsome mom said...

Love this! I love the twine wrapped around. Congrats on your CP top 5 too!

Monica Anderberg said...

Your colors are just beautiful! You make so nice stuff! I will come back often to visit that is for sure!

Hugs Monica

Savitri said...

Super cute card! Love the colors too!!!

clouds shadler said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card and how perfect for a mommy! I love the ribbon! Very cute flowers too!

Clouds :D

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

Pam, I love the fiber and red flowers!! CUTE!!

Shemaine said...

Love your take on the sketch!

Eveline said...

Beautiful card.
Eveline.

Terrie B x said...

Pam this is a beautiful card..great take on the sketch..
Hope your having a great weekend:)♥

 
site design by designer blogs