Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thank you note




This is something new I'm trying in cardmaking. I create a pocket with the main message on the outside (in this case "Thank you")m and then I slide a piece of cardstock in the pocket for the handwritten message.




Techniques used:




8 1/2" x 4" piece of white textured cardstock, with the larger side folded down to 5" length.


I used a stapler with green staples to seal the outside edges.


The "thank you" was the most work. I traced the letters using a stencil sheet, then colored them in. I scanned the image using Photoshop CS3 - although any photo editing software would do. I then enhanced the image to create a fun and funky color scheme.




The insert is a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of textured lime green cardstock with a bright orange faux flower attached with a pink brad.


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs